Saturday, March 19, 2011
I don't remember 2 1/2 being such a challenging age with Finn. I think Finn went through terrible 3's instead? Anyway, T has been keeping me on my toes. Since I've been somewhat frustrated, I thought it might be therapeutic to focus on the things that have been so much fun with him lately.
1. He's been really interested in drawing lately. The picture above is his Octopus.
2. It's been fun watching him play with other children (mainly Finn) more, instead of the parallel play they do when they are younger. He and Abel had some fun together a couple of weeks ago when the Smith's came over for dinner. I love that they wanted to go poop together!
3. He is officially riding his balance bike! He's become a little obsessed to the point that if he's outside, he's sitting or riding on it.
4. He hops in Pearl's crib in the morning after she wakes and plays with her (while Jeremy and I fight for a few more minutes of sleep before getting up!).
5. He is the best balloon blower-upper I've ever known!
T-Scoutie-My-Boy, you sure keep life interesting! I wouldn't have you any other way.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Friends and Family!! We're in the midst of pressing vinyl for the Jubilee Singers self-titled album as well as the "Sleep" album (both should be out next month). Here is a video from a song from the self-titled. If you are interested in pre-ordering one or both, contact us at email@example.com
Friday, March 4, 2011
Nana & Pudge came out to visit at the end of January to help me out while Jeremy was away for work. I don't know how we could have survived without them here those two weeks! We stayed busy while they were here: Chinese New Years in Chinatown, Valentine garlands, Pearl's first trip to the fabric district, woke up to the smell of bacon every morning (thank you pudge!), etc. Nana was recruited by Finn to help sort his collections, and recruited by me to teach me to crochet. My mom and I made a small blanket for Pearl together. Later my mom came across a scrapbook page from when her mother, Pearl (my nana), taught her to crochet way back when! Pudge and (baby) Pearl spent most of the time as pictured above....